Honoring NEISD Life Members at our annual Founders’ Day is a lively tradition and a key way to inspire the volunteers on your campus. To ensure these Life Members are properly honored and the Founders’ Day celebration runs smoothly, our local chairs have an important job to follow the process outlined below.
2017-18 Steps for Life Membership/Founders’ Day Chairs: This document explains each step in the process to ensure your Life Members are recognized at Founders’ Day.
Click HERE for the TX PTA Life Member website
LIFE MEMBER AWARD INFORMATION
Determining if Life Member Nominee has Received Past Award: To determine if a nominee has received a PTA volunteer recognition award before, there are a few places you can check.
- NEISD Life Members by School: This list includes all NEISD Honorary Texas Life Members, Texas PTA Extended Service Awards and National Life Achievement Awards listed by school. Please note that some of these recipients were not submitted to Texas PTA or National PTA by their local units and may require follow-up.
- National PTA Life Members: To determine if a nominee has received a National PTA Life Member award, please email the name to Kwana Ingram firstname.lastname@example.org at National PTA or call 1-800-307-4782.
PTA Volunteer Recognition Award Types: The bullets below explain the 3 different life membership options and how they may apply to your honorees.
- The Honorary Texas Life Membership is one of the highest honors that may be presented to individuals for outstanding service to children and youth, by Texas PTA. The recipient does not have to be a PTA member, nor must the service for which the honor has been bestowed be connected with the PTA. The only requirement for receiving a Texas PTA Honorary Life Membership is that the recipient is making, or has made a worthwhile contribution to the well being of children and youth. To order an Honorary Texas Life Membership, please click on the following link: Honorary Texas Life Member Award order form.
- A Texas PTA Extended Service Award can be awarded to those people who have continued to give outstanding service to the Texas PTA. The recipient must have been actively involved in the Texas PTA for ten (10) years and be a Honorary Texas Life Member. To order a Texas PTA Extended Service Award, please click on the following link: Texas PTA Extended Service Award Order Form and follow the instructions on the form.
- The National Life Achievement Award is the highest honor from the National PTA. The recipients of this award are usually those who have given outstanding service to children – someone who has promoted children’s well being by serving as an advocate for children in such areas as education, health, safety, and legislation. This recipient has usually been previously awarded an Honorary Texas Life Membership or Texas PTA Extended Service Award. To order a National Life Achievement award, please download the National Life Achievement Award Order Form and follow the instructions on the form.
FOUNDERS DAY INFORMATION
2/1/2018 6 p.m. at Lee High School
2018 Founders’ Day Reservation Form: This form asks for both your Life Member names and Founders’ Day reservations. A copy of the Texas or National PTA award submission and a check for your reservations must accompany this form. Click here for a sample of a Texas PTA award submission receipt. Council dues must be paid and a picture of the recipient should be sent to email@example.com. The 12/1/2017 submission deadline is to ensure life members are included in the program and catering is finalized. Any reservation forms received after 12/1/2017 will not be accepted.
2018 Save the Date: This is an example of a Save-the-Date Invitation that can be given to the Life Members at the time of the presentation of their award at your local campus. To edit the Word version of the Save-the-Date, you will need to use the “ungroup” command first. Contact our Founders’ Day Chair with any questions on how to modify this file.
Coming in December 2017!!! 2018 Founders’ Day Itinerary and Instructions: In order to make this experience a pleasant one for all concerned, we ask that all honorees and attendees follow the procedures outlined in this document.
2018 Life Member Foam Board Guidelines: This flyer contains guidelines and requirements for the creation and drop-off of the Life Member Foam Board.