The NEISD Council of PTAs was organized on March 15, 1960 to provide North East Independent School District local PTA units with information necessary to fulfill their roles in our community.
- We support, unify, and strengthen the NEISD local PTA units by the exchange of ideas through workshops, leadership training, mentoring, awards, etc.
- We reach out to NEISD local PTA units through association meetings, mentoring, Founders’ Day celebrations, and being a supportive presence without controlling or dictating to local units.
- We promote both the National PTA and Texas PTA by providing information about National and Texas PTA publications, and encouraging attendance at State and National Conventions, and LAUNCH Summer Seminar.
- We also support the objectives of the Texas PTA and National PTA .
- Improve communication with our local units through Council website, monthly Newsletters, association meetings and workshops. Respond to all inquiries in a timeliness fashion (within 24 hours).
- Apply for State Awards as a Council.
- Increase recruitment efforts by recruiting local unit leaders to sit on Council committees, and by mingling with our local unit members at meetings and social events.
- Help local units comply to the 990 and bylaws deadlines.
- Become familiar with the responsibilities of each Council Board Members.
- Increase NEISD Council of PTAs overall membership numbers with Back the Future campaign.
- NEISD Board of Trustee 100% membership participation.
- Increase training attendance so everyone is aware of recent TX PTA changes as well as leadership duties and responsibilities.
How is PTA Structured?
Most Local PTAs meet at a school campus. Groups of Local PTAs often join together to form Councils. Above Councils, there are Field Service Represenatives and a Texas PTA Board of Directors, made up of volunteers. The board sets policies for PTAs throughout Texas. A 16+ member office in Austin supports the work of the association.
To contact our Local Unit PTAs please see our Local Units Directory on this website.