Clothes Closet Info:
We will follow the school calender and be open on Wednesdays from 10am-1pm beginning Jan. 18th
Drop Off Info:
- Click HERE for Wish List
- Drop off will continue during normal operating hours.
- Guidelines as to what we will or will not accept can be found on the Council webpage. Feel free to print out copies in both English & Spanish to post at your school.
Clothes Closet Rep Duties:
- Sign your school up for a volunteer day at the following website and recruit volunteers:
- Keep collecting clothing from families in your school, Lost & Found, neighbors, etc.
- Plan to attend a training/tour of the Closet in January before we officially open
- Discuss with your Principal who on campus will be referring families: Counselor, Family Specialist, School Nurse and ask them to contact us if they have questions. Vouchers will be available soon.
In order to make this a success, we need your help, your clothes and your time!!
Questions? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To help students (K-12) in our district, whose families or guardians may be economically challenged, by providing new and/or gently used clothing that meets the NEISD Dress Code.
Location & Hours of Operation:
8758 Tesoro Drive (the old photo lab building across the parking lot from the NEISD Community Learning Center)
Beginning in January, the Closet will be open one day a week with the possibility of an additional Saturday each month. It will be closed on holidays based on the district calendar.
How it works:
Families will be confidentially referred by a representative, such as a Nurse, Counselor or Family Specialist, at their child’s school. The representative will provide a voucher for each qualifying student in the family. The family will be able to come shop at the Clothes Closet for a specific number of items of clothing each semester at no cost. These items may include: 5 tops, 5 bottoms, 1 jacket or sweatshirt, brand new socks & underwear, and 1 winter coat (one a year).
How YOU can help us:
Add a Clothes Closet Rep to your PTA
(or add to Lost & Found Chair responsbilities).
Collect used clothing from the families at your school.
Hold clothing drives (jeans, coats, socks & underwear, etc.) at your campus, through your club, your scouting troop, in your neighborhood, etc.
Donate your Lost & Found clothing to the Closet each semester.
Bring items to Council meetings and to the location,
once the Closet is open.
Volunteer your time to help at the Closet.
Need more information?
Contact us at email@example.com.