PARTNERS IN PTA SOCIAL
RAMEC (8961 Tesoro Dr, San Antonio, TX 78217)
Weds 10/11 Rm 418
9:30 am ~ 11:30 am
NE Council of PTAs (NECPTAs) is excited to announce the Partners in PTA (PIP) program. PIP replaces the Sister School program. The PIP program is focused on developing PTA relationships between campuses to build up each PTA in our district. The goal is for PIP communication to occur between PTA leaders on partner campuses so that they are able to define how this relationship can be mutually beneficial. The aim of the PIP program is to focus less on financial giving as experienced in years’ past.
NECPTAs has developed four main objectives for restructuring this program and creating partnerships:
- Collaborate on parent education resources or programs
- Invite to or attend partner school programs (e.g. multi-literacy nights, math nights, wellness events, family fitness events).
- Be a PTA reference for each other
- Share meeting scripts, agendas, or PTA specific forms.
- Share general meeting ideas (e.g. 90 second parent education clips, student essay contests).
- Provide and/or fulfill student and parent volunteer opportunities
- Share dates of school functions (e.g. carnivals, other activities where volunteers are needed).
- Community helping community
- Provide information to the Council PIP Chairman to advertise specific needs or services at your school that can be sent out district-wide via the PIP Newsletter or Council Facebook page.
Click here for the 2016-17 list of NECPTA PIP pairings.
2016-17 PTA Presidents – Please take the time to reach out to your PIP. Please mark your calendars for a PIP round table on October 11, 2016 at 9:30 am. If you have any questions, please contact Jen Patterson, NECPTAs PIP Chair, at email@example.com or 210.441.8493. The PIP Chair can help you obtain contact information for your PIP.